little denim shift dress

17:05

The 1960s was a very significant decade for fashion and, to this day, the trends and styles still have a major impact on my personal style.  In 1964, the mini skirt was born and there was a shift from dressing mature and conservative to a more bright and youthful look.  I love all the silhouettes from that decade including the baby doll and the shift dresses.  I found this dress last year and absolutely loved the fabric and the trim detailing however the length was too long, just below the knee.  Looking at the shape, I knew once hemmed at the right place, it would make the perfect little denim shift dress.  Still quite short, I throw on the tiniest black denim shorts and its perfect for those hot summer days!
(dress: j crew)






You Might Also Like

0 comments

d e n i m

d e n i m

l o v e

l o v e

s t o r y

s t o r y